Friday, October 8, 2010

Four OH!


Well, it's here.  The big birthday.  I remember when my parents turned 40.  I thought they were SO old!  In fact, on his 40th birthday my dad's friends gave him these little plastic trucks -for his 2nd childhood- as well as a cane.  Somehow it doesn't seem quite so old anymore.  I don't feel 40.  I don't think I look 40.
The kids and Jeff all had the day off today so we went camping last night.  The weather was perfect and we had a great time, even if we did forget the camera and all the fixins for S'mores. Yes, I'm well aware that forgetfulness is a sign of old age...  Oh, and that's not me in the photo.  It's Savannah on her first birthday, but her face says it all!  So here's to a great year.  Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Yes, Happy 40th Birthday to you!!!

No, you don't look 40, and I don't feel old enough to have a 40 year old!!!

Have a wonderful year.

Aaron & Nancy said...

Wow! I hope I look as good as you when I'm 40. That's only a year away so I better start using some of that anti-aging make-up!