Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Favorite Weekend

I love General Conference.  As a Mormon, I look forward to hearing the words of our prophet and the apostles and other leaders of the church every April and October.  It is inspiring and motivating!  Armed with plenty of snacks, we managed to get the kids to listen to most of the general sessions.  This time around, my favorite announcement was the plan to build a temple in Indianapolis, Indiana.  This is good news for us as that means we'll be 30 minutes closer to a temple.  I'm not sure what temple district we'll be assigned to once it is complete, but unless it's built on the eastern outskirts of Indy, it will be the closest.  Right now we are in the St. Louis district and we travel 2.5 hours. 

It's always great to hear President Monson speak.  His talk at the Relief Society meeting last week was so good as were his talks this weekend.  President Uchtdorf is a personal favorite as is Elder Holland.  I'm sad it's all over, but I'm excited to listen to the talks again over the next few days.  A great weekend!

3 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

Uchtdorf was one of my favorites as well. LOVE IT. Jay and I were wondering if Indianapolis would be closer for you, hopefully they are building it on the correct side of the city for you!

Peggy said...

I was excited for you too when I heard the new temple sites. I asked dad if that would be closer to you, and he thought it would be about the same as St. Louis. Now maybe you'll have two options.

Aaron & Nancy said...

Great! Maybe we can meet you there! It would be so fun to see you and Jeff again!