Saturday, October 16, 2010

We Love Lucy

Thinking my kids would enjoy them, I recently got the first two seasons of "I Love Lucy."  I started them off with one of my favorite episodes, "Lucy does a TV commercial," where she is promoting the health product, Vitameatavegamin.  Her lines start out with,

"Do you poop out at parties?  Are you unpopular?"

Each time she rehearses the commercial, Lucy has to take a spoonful of the foul-tasting liquid.  Because of the high alcohol content, she soon becomes a little tipsy and starts slurring or otherwise mixing up her lines.  During one run-through in her drunken state, her opening lines come out as,

"Do you pop out at parties?  Are you unpoopular?" 

The kids, especially Soren, laughed and laughed and they've been quoting it ever since.  A great show!

No comments: