Monday, October 25, 2010

Youth In Harmony

Sam spent all day at the University with kids from 11 other schools.  The emphasis of their instruction was the art of barbershop harmony.  The day culminated in an evening concert where the girls sang 2 songs then the boys sang 2 songs, all barbershop style.  The girls did a good job, but I LOVE men's voices in harmony and I wasn't disappointed.  Sam enjoyed his participation and is happy his singing voice hasn't changed so he can still be a first tenor.  After the High School groups performed, the rest of the concert was filled with professional groups.  Other than Sam's numbers, my favorite was the last group, "After Hours".  They are 4 college guys, singing barbershop of course, who were very entertaining.  It was a great night. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sam! Nothing better than a good barbershop quartet! Keep grabbing all those experiences you can find - you never know what new experience you decide to try now may lead to the next amazing thing that will come along.

As I told Savannah, please keep me informed about what's going on in you life. I would love to come and see you...

Love, Deborah Cloward