Monday, November 15, 2010

Lucky

It's so fun to win stuff!  A year ago, at a faculty appreciation event, my name was drawn in a raffle for a portable DVD player.  Ours had broken a few months before so I was thrilled to get a new one. 

A couple of months ago, we were attending a free movie on campus as part of "Family Weekend."  The movie is always something that's recently left the theater but hasn't come out on DVD yet.  This year it was Toy Story 3.  They give out prizes each year and this year the big prize was a plush Woody doll and a DVD copy of Toy Story.  My kids were anxiously holding their tickets as the last number was pulled from the hat.  And it was my number.  The kids were thrilled and I was happy to finally be able to retire our old VHS copy of Toy Story. 

Recently, Jeff was asked to fill out a survey about a textbook he uses.  Everyone who participated would be entered in a drawing.  Jeff thought it would be pretty cool to win, but he never wins stuff.  So he filled out the survey and didn't think about it again.

Then he got the e-mail informing him that he was the winner...of an iPad.    Woo Hoo!!!!  Hey Jeff, trade ya!  :)

1 comment:

Aaron & Nancy said...

Wow, you guys ARE lucky! I used to be like this and win things, but I never do anymore. Someone is smiling down on you!