Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Favorite Nativity

Several years ago, my sister-in-law made me this adorable Nativity wall hanging.  I put the words on the frame, but she stitched the picture and then painted it by hand.  I love how it's like a family picture.  This photo really doesn't do it justice, but it's my favorite nativity. 


I love putting out each of our Nativity sets every year as we decorate for Christmas.  I only have a few, but they are my favorite decorations.  Here are the others:

The Little People Nativity is perfectly kid-proof and Sadie plays with it daily.  When you push down on the angel on the top, it plays "Away in a Manger." I love it!


The most formal of our nativity sets, this one usually sits on top of the piano.  Since the piano is still in my bedroom from the floor refinishing project, I've put these on a little shelf that seems to collect things - papers, books, toys, etc.  This fills up the spot and looks a lot nicer than the "stuff" that usually ends up there.

I love the simplicity of this one!



My newest and smallest (only about 3" tall).

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

3 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

Oh how I love nativities too. My kids also love the little people one you gave us several years ago. The little one R and C gave us has now become decorations for the bathroom....Ruby takes them down there so they can watch her go potty...whatever helps!

Aaron & Nancy said...

I have nativity envy! I really need to buy one. Every year I do the same thing - don't want to spend the money in December and tell myself I'll do it after Christmas. After Christmas I tell myself no need because Christmas is 12 months away. We have a little one for the kids to play with, but I've had my eye on the Willow Tree one for a couple of years.

Anonymous said...

Yay Me!