Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe: Hamburger Cookies

I have my friend, Paula, to thank for these yummy little guys.  These are definitely my kids favorite hamburgers.  Pack meetings, school functions, or after-school snacks are much more fun when these are served!

They are super easy to make.  All you need:
  • Vanilla Wafers
  • Keebler Grasshopper cookies (Girl Scout Thin Mints work, too)
  • Frosting
When Paula made these for us, she had green-tinted coconut on some of them to look like lettuce.  Some of my kids don't like coconut so I don't do that, but I love the look!

These are so easy to assemble that little hands can easily help.  Here's what you do:
Place a small amount of frosting on the flat side of a vanilla wafer.  This will act as the glue to keep the grasshopper cookie from sliding around.  Place a grasshopper cookie on the wafer then decorate the top of it with frosting.  Try to keep the frosting near the edges so you can see it when you're finished.
Place a vanilla wafer on the top of each.  See?  Super easy.  Makes about 3 dozen - or however many are in the grasshopper package.  Enjoy!
{Note:  I like to use the little decorating icing tubes.  They are easy, and the colors are rich.  You can make your own frosting, but if you use food coloring, your red will probably look more pink.}

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Absolutely adorable! Thank you for sharing this! I will have to make them soon :)