Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring

Spring is here!  We've had a few glimpses of it here and there until Old Man Winter rears his ugly head again and again, but for the next several days at least, we'll be enjoying real springtime weather.  Fortunately, the early spring flowers were coaxed out of the ground by the first days of warmth and have continued to grace us with their presence despite the recent chill.  Jeff has been cutting the hyacinths and keeping them on our dinner table and I love the smell every time I walk in the room.  The grass is already dark green and the tulips are ready to burst.  The white blooms on our weeping cherry have promoted several spontaneous outbursts of the Popcorn song ("I looked out the window and what did I see?  Popcorn popping on the apricot tree!")

It was a long winter, but spring was worth the wait!  I'm going to enjoy this for the next couple of weeks.  By then my allergies will also be in full bloom and I may be changing my tune, but for today I'm pretty sure spring is my favorite season. 


2 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

Why do we live in Idaho? WHY?

Lynne said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad too! I'm excited for Friday's weather forcast - can't wait!!