Saturday, August 13, 2011

Recipe: My New Favorite Cookie

Marta's Coconut Krispie Chocolate Chunk Cookies
You may think these look like any old chocolate chip cookie, but looks can be deceiving.  So you take a bite and you think, "Mmmmm....  Chocolate and...something else...what is that?  Is that coconut?  OH YUM!"  And then you notice the ever-so-slight crunch.  Rice Krispies?  No way!  Yep, these are seriously delicious.  I should know.  I've made them three times in the past 3 weeks.  I bake all 6 dozen and put 3 dozen in the freezer for later.  Obviously later comes pretty quick around here.  :)  We love them and so do any friends we've shared them with.  This one is a keeper!!

Hop on over here to meet the genius behind these yummy things.  Marta has the most delightful blog full of creativity and real life goodness.  I don't know her in person, but her older sister was roommates in college with my one of my high school friends so we're practically bff's.  Just kidding.  I mean, just kidding about the bff part.  The roomate/friend part is all true!  

Anyway, if you want to make a batch of these cookies yourself (and you should!), here is the recipe.  You're welcome!  :)

1 comment:

Aaron & Nancy said...

I have actually tried several of your recipes, but I'm going to have to pass on this one, Missy. Aaron won't touch anything with coconut in it and now he's passing that onto our children!

Do you remember the carribean wrap recipe you posted with the sweet potatoes? We make those all the time and love them!