Friday, December 24, 2010

Our Happily Ever After

I have to show off this painting done by my friend, Deb Pottle.  She brought it over yesterday, just in time for Christmas.  About a year ago she told me she wanted to paint a picture of my family.  How exciting!  A few months ago she said she woke up with a picture in her head and knew just what it should look like.  She worked it up as a pencil sketch at first.  Then, in only three days, she painted this.  It's called "Our Story" and I love that we are all characters in our own little fairy tale.  Once I have it framed, it will go right over the couch.  It will be the first thing you see when you come in my house.  I totally love it!!

5 comments:

Dana Day said...

Missy it is absolutely fitting and so perfect for your sweet family. What an awesome gift. It gives you a glimpse into the eternities. :) Merry Christmas Friend!

Aaron & Nancy said...

Awesome! What a beautiful gift!

rob said...

Your hair is a lot longer than I remember...

Unknown said...

I love it! Isn't Deb great! I still have mine that she did of my kids and I love it as much today as I did the day she gave it to me.

Diane said...

Loved this on your card. What a great and wonderful thing to have.