Friday, July 6, 2012

We're Home! (My 500th Post)

500 posts! It sure sounds like a lot...until I realize I still have 9,500 left to go. :)  I guess that means I have a lot of happy things to look forward to!

Well, we made it home. We got in just before 10pm after 15 hours on the road today and 5,014 miles round trip!! That sets a new record for us. Wow!!

By the way, I've found where I want to live. We drove right through it on our way home and I wanted to stay there forever. Take a look:
Isn't it beautiful? After leaving Idaho on Thursday, we drove through Northern Wyoming before dropping down to Colorado. There must have been a good 2 hours of this scenery with gorgeous little (and big) log homes tucked right into the hillsides. We drove through an occasional town with a few stores scattered along the main street, but it was so rural and green and inviting! I'm not sure how I'd feel when all this green ends up covered in snow for months on end - and there's no college in sight which greatly reduces our job opportunities - but a girl can dream, right? I even had glimpses of Scotland as we had to wait for a huge herd of sheep to cross the road before we could continue.

I know we've driven through Wyoming several times over the years, but I don't remember seeing Wyoming like that.

I miss it. {Sigh.}

Okay. Back to reality! It's late and tomorrow will be busy. It's good to be home!

No comments: