Thursday, October 11, 2012

10-11-12

Am I a nerd?

Don't answer that.

I just had to post something today because it's ten-eleven-twelve and I love things like that!

Soren and I got to spend the day together because he is "sick." I laugh as I write that because he isn't sick at all, but technically he wasn't allowed to go to school. He came home early from school yesterday with a stomach bug. He was feeling pretty crummy for a few hours there and it's a good thing he was home, but it was clear that he was fine by dinnertime. I know that many (most?) parents would have sent him back to school today, but not me. The rule says that children are to be symptom free for 24-hours before returning to school so I see it as a legal day off! Yippee! I'm all-too-happy to comply with this technicality.

We've had a fun day together and Soren is the only one around here who even cares that it's 10-11-12 so we got to be nerds totally awesome and cool together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed the 10-11-12 thing too!!! Wish I could have celebrated with you and Soren!

cstowell said...

Great!!! I'd love to spend a day with Soren too!