Monday, February 25, 2013

Two Peas In a Pod

Two weeks ago we started getting the kids up at 5:30am so we can have Family Prayer and Scripture Study before Sam and Savannah leave for Seminary. We had been doing it right after they got home around 7:00, but it was making for some stressful mornings trying to get Sadie out the door by 7:15 and Sam shortly after that.

I'm still holding out hope that the kids will willingly go to bed earlier as a result. I'd love to see them get up the first time we ask and come to the living room ready to read. So far, we have one who makes it to the couch, but then sleeps through scriptures most days and another who sometimes doesn't even show up. Obviously we have plenty of room for improvement, but overall I think it's better. A few of us are learning to Seize the Day and make the best of the extra time each morning. But sometimes, when scriptures are through, the chill in the air and the darkness outside make it much more inviting to snuggle and sleep.

That's okay. There's time.


4 comments:

rob said...

I'm just waiting to see one of these pictures with Sam and Savannah...

missy said...

Rob, don't hold your breath. :)

cstowell said...

The little head on the left looks so much like a photo I have of Jeff sleeping as a youngster...must be related!

Karey said...

That's ambitious. I'd have trouble getting anyone (myself included) to go for that early. Luckily 7:25 works for us. I must say I admire you all, though.