Monday, March 25, 2013

Recipe: Hot Buttered O's


We're snackers around here. We love to munch on popcorn, chips and salsa, pretzels, nuts...you name it. One of our favorite snacks is Hot Buttered O's. Never heard of them? You're in for a treat. Super easy and quick, these are our go-to snack for movies and games in a pinch. Love them!

Hot Buttered O's (my version)
6 cups Cheerios or store-brand equivalent
4 Tbsp. butter
Salt, to taste

In a 5 qt. saucepan (we use our Whirly-Pop), melt butter over medium heat. Add cheerios and stir constantly until they start to look toasty (or keep them on the heat longer if you like them a little darker like my dad.) Add salt, to taste, as you stir.

For a super delicious salty/sweet variation, melt 4-6 oz. of almond bark and stir it into prepared Hot Buttered O's.

Oh. Yum.

1 comment:

Karey said...

Never heard of this. I'll have to try it. It would give me a little variation from my popcorn and junior mints.