Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pioneer Day and a Cousin Sleepover

My sister, Amy, had us over for a BBQ last night and she kept my kids for a sleepover with her girls. By all accounts, it was a great night. We've got some tired kids this morning, but we're so glad they got to spend time with Amy's family and finish off Pioneer Day with a bang.

Savannah and her cousin, Andrea, having fun with sparklers!

It's been years since we've been in Utah for Pioneer Day. We watched the Days of '47 parade on TV yesterday morning which reminded me of my younger years when we would head downtown and watch the parade from my dad's office which was on the parade route for several years. Then Jeff and I witnessed quite a show as we drove back to my brother's house last night. We had an amazing view of fireworks going off all up and down the valley. I've never seen anything like it.

1 comment:

Karey said...

You've been a blogging machine! So many fun photos of your trip. So glad you had a great time.