Saturday, January 25, 2014

Honors All-State Choir

Sam and Savannah spent the last three days in Peoria where they participated in the Honors All-State Choir. Savannah did not want to go. Right up to the last minute, she was not excited. Boy howdy, has she ever changed her tune! Both had a great time, but Savannah LOVED it!! She said it was like EFY, only everyone could sing! She reconnected with a couple of old friends and made many new ones. She literally cried when it was over.

Our family drove up for their big concert. Wow! It was amazing! I'm not surprised, considering the choir was made up of the very best high school juniors and seniors in the state, but it even surpassed my expectations. The honors band and the honors orchestra performed at the same concert. The best part was when all three groups joined together to perform "Battle Hymn of the Republic." It was awesome! It was the same arrangement sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and performed every bit as well.

I wish we had been allowed to video tape the concert. I'd love to share some of my favorites. And I wish things hadn't been so crazy trying to find everyone afterwards that I forgot to take pictures. I wish you could have been there!

No comments: