Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ish

Soren is a character. He is just his own unique little blend of surprises and fun. I love one of his latest words.

Ish.

Like when his piano teacher asked, "Did you have a fun day today?"

Soren's tactful reply was, "Ish."

He might use "ish" in answer to "Do you like what we're having for dinner?" or "Are you ready for school?"

It reminds me of the Dennis Quaid/Natasha Richardson version of The Parent Trap. When the girls return from a camping trip, their mom asks if they had fun. One of them says, "Well I wouldn't go straight to fun!"

Soren's use of "ish" is his own diplomatic way of telling it like it is.
I love it.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I love it! I might start using it myself! :)

Lori said...

Clever. I like that word. Beautiful boy.

Peggy said...

:)