Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Islands of Adventure - Hogwarts and Hogsmeade

Our view as we walked to Islands of Adventure from our hotel this morning.
Today we started things off with breakfast at The Three Broomsticks, complete with butterbeer. Oh Yum!! The Harry Potter part of the park was really impressive and didn't disappoint!  My favorite ride of all was the Dragon Challenge. I want to love roller coasters, but I hate how jerky they are and how they hurt my neck. The Dragon Challenge is so smooth that you get all the best parts of a roller coaster with plenty of upside downs and loops without any of the jerkiness. It is so fun! I laughed all the way through!

Here are a few pictures of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. So authentic and well done! We loved it!






I promise Soren had more fun than it seems from this picture. :) We always wear matching BYU t-shirts when we go to amusement parks, at least the first day. It's SO much easier to keep track of everyone and we love our BYU!! Savannah hates the matchy-matchy thing, but at least she's a good sport!

My favorite shirt of the day! :)
We did a lot more than just Harry Potter today -- getting chased by T-Rex, for example, in Jurassic Park. :) It's been a great day!


No comments: