Friday, May 2, 2014

For Display Only

We eat a lot of apples around here. The kids may roll their eyes when I suggest an apple as a solution to their hunger pangs, but if I slice up an apple or two, those slices disappear without complaint.

Sadie was given an apple at school. She was pretty happy about it, maybe because it is a different variety than what I usually buy. She was excited to show her siblings so she set it on the counter when she got home. I gave her a friendly warning that apples are fair game at our house so if she was going to leave it there, she couldn't complain if someone ate it without asking. I suggested she put a little note by it if she wanted to save it.

This is what I found when I returned to the kitchen a little later...

Display. Do not eat.
I sure love my crazy little Sadie bug.

No comments: