Sunday, June 15, 2014

Catching Fireflies

I think I can safely say that my favorite bug of all time is the firefly. They started flashing their lights within the last couple of weeks and Soren and Sadie have enjoyed many evenings chasing them around our yard. For whatever reason, there are more fireflies than ever this year. 

Tonight I tried putting the camera on a slow shutter speed in hopes of showing the mini fireworks display the fireflies were putting on in our yard. It sort of worked, but doesn't really give anything close to an accurate picture of how many there were or why their little flashes of light always make me smile.

I think the white blur by the fence is a running Spencer. Soren is in the black shirt. And the fireflies are the yellowish streaks or dots of light. 


Fireflies are my happy bugs. :) 

No comments: