Monday, July 21, 2014

Music and the Spoken Word

I've mentioned before that I used to be an Usher at the Tabernacle on Temple Square in Salt Lake City. As a result, I've been to Music and the Spoken Word with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir dozens of times. However, no one in my family has ever been. We decided to take the kids on Sunday morning before attending church and beginning our drive home. This was my first time in the Conference Center (it wasn't built until after Jeff and I moved away). They hold Music and the Spoken Word in the Conference Center during the summer because of the large crowds. (They still perform in the Tabernacle during the winter months.) Some of the musical numbers as well as the spoken word were focused on the Pioneers because this week (July 24th) is Pioneer Day in Utah. It was an excellent program and they sang my all-time favorite arrangement of one of my favorite hymns, Redeemer of Israel for the closing number.


I'm so glad we went! It was awesome to hear the choir live and to share that experience with my family. We loved it!

No comments: