Friday, September 12, 2014

A Class Act

The BYU vs. Houston game last night, September 11th, had me plenty nervous. I actually forgot they were playing until near the end of the second quarter. When I checked the score, we were up 23-0. Ah, my kind of game! But by halftime, roughly three minutes later, it was a different story entirely. 23-15 and still two grueling quarters to go!

I'll cut to the chase and say that we won 33-25 and I went to bed late but happy.

But that's not what this post is about.

Win or lose, I am so impressed by the effort BYU took to pay tribute to those who lost their lives on September 11th, thirteen years ago.

I thought it was fitting that the uniforms of both teams, with Houston in their red and white and BYU in their navy and white, made up the colors of our country. Both teams incorporated the American flag into their helmet design. And the stands were outfitted to make an impressive half-time display of "We Will Never Forget."




Well done, BYU.

2 comments:

rob said...

Do you see David and I? We're in the white space just to the right of the "We".

missy said...

Oh yes. There you are! :) It was nice of BYU to win on your birthday!!