Sunday, July 12, 2015

Double Digits

My baby girl is ten! How did this happen? I'm telling you, I've got to stop blinking!!

It seems like just last week she was making her grand entrance into the world. My mind is fuzzy on a lot of things, but I remember that night so clearly. We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl and we were excited to find out. My doctor told me at my last appointment that, based on the way I was carrying and the heart rate, etc., he thought it was a boy. I love my boys, but we were really hoping for a little girl this time. We'd had her name picked out for six years and I just knew that there was a little Sadie meant to be a part of our family.

After Sadie was born, my doctor said, "I was just kidding. I knew it was a girl!" Very funny. :)

Brand-new baby Sadie with big sister Savannah. Savannah was so happy to finally have another girl in the family. 
Sadie has been so fun these past few months. She wants to learn everything! We got a new sewing machine and Sadie has been so patient trying to learn how to use it. My limited sewing skills are starting to come back and we've had fun figuring it all out. I'm super impressed with her first project: an adorable little stuffed horse. Sadie is a finisher and she whipped this thing out last week in only 2-3 days. Isn't it cute?


The birthday girl.
Sadie is also learning to crochet. She likes to help in the kitchen and she even likes doing laundry! She is organized and likes to get rid of things she doesn't use or need anymore. She's super funny and inquisitive. She loves to build puzzles and play games with me.  

I think we'll keep her! :)

Happy Birthday, my sweet Sadie-bug. I hope this is your best year so far!

Love,
Mum

No comments: