Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Potential

There was once a sculptor working in his studio with hammer and chisel on a large block of marble. A little boy who was watching him saw nothing except large and small pieces of stone falling to the right and left. He didn't know what was happening. When the little boy returned a few weeks later, he saw to his great surprise, a large and powerful lion sitting in the place where the stone had stood. In amazement he turned to the sculptor and asked, "How did you know there was a lion in there?"

Imagesource
I found the above story in one of my flats when I was a missionary. I don't have a reference - it was on some random papers that someone had left behind. I've always loved the story and the message. I was thinking about it tonight and wanted to share.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could help others discover their lion within? Goethe said, "Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."

No comments: