Thursday, February 11, 2016

Twenty-One Years Ago Today

Last night, Sadie told Jeff and me that we both had to wake her up in the morning. She said there would be a special surprise waiting for us and we had to come together.

As I started turning her door knob this morning, I heard her little voice, "Who is out there?"

"It's mom."

"Okay. Is daddy with you?"

"Yes."

"Okay. You can come in." We opened the door and she said, "Turn on the light."

As we entered her room, we saw our big surprise. There, on the wall above her bed, was this:


Unbeknownst to us, Sadie drew and colored each letter earlier in the evening and waited until Jeff tucked her in. Then she climbed out of bed and put up her sweet little masterpiece.

I'm glad someone around here likes to celebrate big events. Sadie doesn't get that from me, but it made Jeff and me feel like a million bucks that our engagement anniversary was so important to our cute little 10-year old girl.


3 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

YAY! So glad you two found each other!

Peggy said...

That is the sweetest!!!
I remember that day! Happy 21!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Peggy said...

I guess there are no do-overs!!! :(

Happy Anniversary!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥