Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Pretty Things

I have a few pictures from the last several days that make me smile. I thought maybe they'd make you smile, too.

Spencer picked some beautiful peonies from one of our rental properties. The large flowers wilted fairly quickly, but this little bud is alive and well and so pretty! It makes me happy when I see it sitting on my dining room table. 


We've had a lot of rain lately. This upside-down leaf was on our deck the other day, wet from the morning rain, but beautiful in contrast to the rough deck paint. 



Jeff and Spencer went on a quick overnight campout last weekend. This is the property where they stayed. Isn't it pretty? Unfortunately, it was rainy and windy and muddy - so much so that the van got stuck and had to be pulled out by a tractor. It just adds to the adventure, right?



Our little birds are growing up! Momma and daddy bird are very attentive and spend all day feeding these hungry babies. Any movement around their nest and all three heads pop up with beaks open wide. So cute! 


Last, but certainly not least, here is our first ripe strawberry of the season. You wouldn't believe our strawberry patch this year! It's lush and full and LOADED with strawberries! There are hundreds of really small and very green berries, but every day or two we've found an unusually large and bright and sweet red berry. Yummy!


2 comments:

Lori said...

always fun to read your posts.

Peggy said...

Oh, the baby birds are so cute. :) This made me think of our bird nest. We are having our house painted today. I wonder what is going to happen when the painters need to move the nest to paint. Yikes! I hope the eggs, babies, and parents survive.