Sunday, February 20, 2011

I Did It!

At church, our theme for the year is The Family:  A Proclamation to the World.  Our Stake President challenged each of us to memorize the Proclamation, if not in its entirety then at least the first paragraph.  I have a terrible memory.  There are times I don't remember my kids' names or what I went downstairs to get or that I had an important appointment two hours ago...

As a family, we memorized the first paragraph over a few days.  Then I decided, on my own, to try the next paragraph.  And then, well, I might be able to do one more...  It took a full month of 15-20 minutes a day, but I did it; I memorized the entire thing!  It's a pretty amazing document and I'm glad I took the time to learn it.  And I'm happy to know my memory is not a lost cause. :)

1 comment:

Aaron & Nancy said...

Way to go, Missy! I think motherhood does that to our memories. Mine has also definitely gotten worse!