It all started last week when the director for the High School play asked Sam if he thought his mom could make a couple of straw dolls. Sam, who thinks I can do anything, thought there was a good possibility I could. Despite being completely clueless as to where to even start, I decided that since I recently dusted off my sewing machine and had tackled a few minor projects, I'd give it a go. I got a general idea what the director had in mind then spent a few days gathering the needed supplies and finally, this morning, I got to work.
I know they don't look like much - they are meant to look rough and hastily made - but they were harder than I expected. However, I'm relatively pleased with the outcome and hope they will suffice for the purpose intended. Altogether, I probably spent somewhere between 4-5 hours on them and I'm more than happy to have them crossed off my to-do list. There's nothing like completing a project you weren't sure how to do! I don't know how they are to be used in the play - one of my kids thought maybe they'd throw them out to the audience. Somehow, I don't think so... :) - but the play opens in 2 weeks so we'll know soon enough.