Friday, April 1, 2011

Loof Lirpa!

Today's the day, the one day of the year when you can hear the elusive call of the Loof Lirpa bird!  It's so exciting!!  Simply stand outside and, in your loudest voice, call out, "Loof Lirpa!  Loof Lirpa!"  Then listen.  If you don't hear anything, you might try again - a little louder this time.  Get some kids, family, or coworkers to do it with you.   You will be so glad you did!  ;)

I have to thank my son's 3rd grade teacher for telling us about this awesome event several years ago.  We look forward to it all year! 

(If you don't hear the Loof Lirpa's call, you might try printing this page and holding it up to a mirror.  That usually helps...)

2 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

Love it.....Did you hear one? I think our chickens ran all the loof lirpas off this year!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I finally got it!!! I admit I'm a little dense! :)

Love to all,

Mom
Grandma