Sunday, October 30, 2011

Enough To Go Around

"[Mother] knows the love she feels for you and your brother or sister is complete.  She knows her love can't be divided up like a pie,
with everybody getting a piece exactly the same size.
Every child gets the whole pie."
                                         --Janene Wolsey Baadsgaard

I love that quote.  It reminds me of a conversation I had with a former coworker after Sam was born.  He had several children and he was telling me what a miracle it is when each child is born.  You may think that you won't be able to show enough love to your 2nd or 3rd child, etc., but then you find that you don't have to divide your love because with each child, your capacity to love is increased.  It's been true for me.

1 comment:

Karey said...

Amen! And Amen! My mom had eleven children and not one of us ever felt unloved (or even less loved).