- Rob, a frisbee golf enthusiast, found a course right here in my little corner of the world and brought his discs. The weather was perfect for the first 3 days of his visit so we played several times.
- We visited the fastest pop machine in the world (or so we'd like to go on thinking). It's an ancient vending machine that seems to read your mind and guess your selection before you push the button. Not really, but the pop spits out so fast that it seems that way!
- We played tennis at the high school and rode bikes on our bike trail.
- We went to Amish country.
- We saw what is probably the tallest Lincoln statue ever (over 70' tall.)
- We visited several cemeteries (a favorite pastime of Rob's.)
- We did some family history.
- Rob bought the kids a cool frisbee and we had fun seeing how far we could throw it. It was a really windy day and the Aerobie would catch a breeze and lift up and up and go way farther than we expected every time.
- Rob taught us 2 new card games - Golf and Three Up, Three Down. He's hard to beat, but we sure gloated when we won!!
- We ate lots of good food and treats: homemade bread, hot buttered O's, toffee covered nuts, frozen hot chocolate at DQ, homemade butterfinger ice cream, Thai food, Cadbury mini-eggs, Riesen chocolate caramels, white chili, creamy italian chicken, homemade buttermilk pancakes w/buttermilk syrup...etc. Yum!!
- Last, but not least, we caught fireflies! They came out just in time for Rob to see them before he left. After watching and catching them in our yard, we drove to a nearby field and watched their mini-fireworks display. We love fireflies and are glad Rob got to experience them, too.
We loved having Rob here. He came at the perfect time, just as school was ending, which helped get us up and active every morning - a great start to our summer!!
You can read Rob's comical take on our time together here. :)
Thanks for coming, Rob. We are looking forward to seeing you again next month in your little corner of the world!