Here are the highlights:
- Sadie went on all three roller coasters - the Raven, the Legend and the Voyage - with Sam, Spencer and Sterling. She is so brave!
- Perfect weather! The forecast was 83º and humid, but it never felt that warm and the humidity was gone after lunch. We were even cold at the water park!
- No lines!! We have decided to make Holiday World a tradition the week the kids go back to school. Indiana starts school before we do so that significantly decreases the park traffic. The longest line we waited in was for The Mammoth. We waited for 35-40 minutes and it was worth every minute of it. Awesome water coaster!! We ended up waiting about 30 minutes for the bumper cars because of technical difficulties, but everyone was a good sport about that, too. Most rides had no wait.
- The Wildebeest was SO COOL!! We worried that the line would be really long there, too, but we ended up waiting all of about 3 minutes, then finishing the ride and walking right back on. It may be my new favorite!
- The park closes earlier as the season winds down so this week it closed at 6:30. That may seem early, but we'd done everything we wanted to do by then and were ready to go!
- Holiday World is known for its free parking, free drinks (soda, water, lemonade, gatorade, etc.) and free sunscreen. These perks sure make planning a lot easier. We didn't have to carry anything around with us. And they have the cleanest restrooms. Yay!
It was a great day! We are all exhausted and sore. Our van is in the shop so we took two cars which meant Jeff and I both had to drive the three hours there and back, but it was worth it and we are ready to face the school year!