Monday, August 24, 2015

Our Weekend


What a great weekend! The Youth Cultural Celebration on Saturday evening was so fun. The kids had a great time participating and it was a great show! I'll post a link later if there's a way to watch it in the days ahead. I hope there is. As fun as it was to be in the stands and see it live, I would love to see it from the camera's perspective.

President Eyring, Elder Ballard, Elder Andersen, Elder Hallstrom and two other Seventies were there for the festivities and temple dedication. Jeff, Sadie and I got to meet them briefly before the Celebration. They were all so nice and they each talked to Sadie, asked her name and age, and told her they like her hair or thought she was pretty. :) Three or four of them, including Elder Ballard, gave her a little stroke on the cheek or chin. It was very sweet. I'm glad she was with us.

We all enjoyed the temple dedication yesterday. Jeff said the opening prayer at the 2nd of three dedicatory sessions so he and I were seated in the Celestial Room. The kids were in the Baptistry. It was a really special experience and I'm grateful our family could be there together. Of course, we were missing Sam, but we know he is right where he needs to be.

We've been looking forward to this for so long, it seems strange to have it over with. I'm hoping the spirit and memory of it will stay with us for a long, long time.

You can read more about the Youth Celebration and Temple Dedication, as well as view pictures of both, here.

It's onto our next adventure. Savannah and I leave bright and early tomorrow morning to take her to BYU. More to come...

2 comments:

rob said...

I didn't know it started getting bright at 2AM out there...

Lori said...

So great you got to meet all those good men.