Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Stormy Beautiful Weather

Hi, my name is Missy and I'm addicted to clouds. (Hi, Missy...)

I know, I know. How many pictures of clouds can one person post? Well, the answer is, a whole lot more than you can imagine. If you only knew how much restraint I've shown over the years. If you saw how many pictures of clouds I take then you'd know I am the model of self-restraint since I only post a very small fraction of those. You're welcome.

Anyway, we walked out of a restaurant about 15 minutes from home last night and this is what we saw:


It kind of reminds me of a UFO. The storm was moving pretty quickly and ended up following us home. 






The last picture was taken just after we pulled in (that is my next door neighbor's house.) Right after that, the sky got really dark and it started to rain. We had a lot of rain earlier in the summer, but it's been a while. We've desperately needed a good rain storm and, boy howdy, that's exactly what we got! It rained and rained. The streak lightning and gunshot thunder only added to the effect.

I love me a good thunderstorm. This one was awesome!


No comments: