Saturday, February 21, 2015

Preppy

In cleaning out some neglected nooks and crannies around here and I came across a note card where I'd jotted down an exchange between the girls a while back. It totally made me laugh! I don't know how long ago this was, but my guess would put Savannah around age 13 and Sadie about 5 or 6. For the record, they've mellowed out since then, which is the only reason I've been given permission to post it here. :)

Sadie was trying on some clothes. When she tried on a certain sweater, I told her it looked preppy. Savannah chimed in, "No, it doesn't, mom. I know what preppy means. I'm a prep."

Sadie's immediate reply was, "What does 'prep' mean? Does it mean you're mean? Does it mean you fight with your parents a lot?" 

Ah, out of the mouths of babes.

Imagesource

No comments: