Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Little Girl

Sadie loves to dance with us before she goes to bed. When she dances with Jeff, she always has to start with "My Little Girl," by Tim McGraw. Whenever Sadie hears that song she finds Jeff and says, "It's 'Mine Little Girl'! Dad, it's our song!" I am not allowed to dance with her on that song. We have our own songs and she's very particular about keeping them separate. Sometimes, just to let her know it's bedtime, we'll play, "My Little Girl" and she immediately finds Daddy and wants to dance with him. Sometimes she sings it during the day. It's very cute. 

Well, Jeff returned last night after attending an academic conference for 6 days in Tacoma, Washington. We've known about this for several months and honestly, I was dreading it! But WE DID IT!! And we were still relatively sand and happy when he returned. Hooray! However, the hardest part was probably seeing how much Sadie missed him. She's been his little sidekick this summer. She always has to know where Daddy is and she wants to go everywhere with him. I avoided playing "their song" all week. But when I put it on tonight, she was so happy and it was one big bear hug for Daddy until it was over. So cute!! I know Jeff missed her, too. How could you not miss this cute little bug? 


As a side note, Jeff stayed on campus at the University of Puget Sound. The conference was a lot of work, but there was plenty of great food and several activities to break up the work. The weather was perfect (70's during the day and rather cool at night) and campus was beautiful. He took several pictures. Here are a couple of my favorites:



No comments: