Monday, September 15, 2008

The Birthday Girl


Savannah on her first birthday. She’s loved birthday’s ever since!

I can’t believe our Sanna-girl is 11 years old today. She has been looking forward to her birthday for months and it’s all we’ve heard about for weeks. All 6 kids were in our room bright and early for family scriptures this morning – 6:15 to be exact – so Savannah would still have time to open all of her presents before school. She had a nearly perfect day but was mourning bedtime because, “Now I have to wait a whole YEAR for my birthday!”

There are so many reasons we love Savannah. She plays the piano beautifully, she loves to sing, she is totally crazy and silly and weird, she bursts out laughing at the mere mention of the word underwear, she is a great friend and model student, she loves to eat raw bread dough as well as frozen peas and frozen tater tots (still frozen), she makes great mac & cheese as well as yummy fudgy chocolate cookies, she is thoughtful and sensitive, she loves dangly earrings and fingernail polish… I could go on and on. One thing that makes me laugh is that she is a totally picky eater. You can tell her something is the best thing you’ve ever eaten and she would rather sit at the table until the cows come home than take one bite. Okay, that part isn’t funny. However, if you tell her something is disgusting, she suddenly wants to try it. Seriously. Tonight Jeff drank something that wasn’t very good. He said, “Eeew, this tastes like medicine.” Savannah piped right up with, “I want a taste!” Another time I smelled something that was rotten and gross. I was coughing and spluttering from the rancid smell when Savannah says, “Let me smell!” I know, it makes no sense.

We love you, Savannah, and are glad you had a great birthday!

It’s always a good time when you’re with Savannah!

No comments: