Thursday, February 5, 2009

House Guest

I went down to the storage room today to find an after-school snack for the kids.  Reaching for something on the shelf, I discovered this:


While other tell-tale signs (a.k.a. droppings) are missing, Jeff thinks it’s a mouse.  This is not good news.  We had one other mouse incident several years ago and I’m still traumatized by it.  Jeff said, “I’ll take care of it.”  To that I say, “Be my guest!”  I’ll keep you posted.

UPDATE (2.5 hours later):

Well, that didn’t take long.  Our little brown mouse is in a better place.  Better than my storage room, that’s for sure!

UPDATE (2 days later):

Jeff left another trap out just in case Mr. Brown Mouse had friends.  This morning we learned that he had at least one and they are now reunited in heaven.

No comments: