Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reminiscing

My brother, Rob, inherited the Family History stuff when my Grandma died.  Included was a shoebox full of letters I sent to my Grandma over the years.  He sent it to me and it arrived today.  I grabbed a letter out at random from February 2005 and found some cute quotes from Spencer.  He would have been 5 at the time:

"I don't have any earwax anymore.  My ears are just plain, plain, plain."

"Mom, I have had my shoes on all day.  I think they bring me good luck.  So can I wear them to bed?"  (Spencer generally took his shoes off as soon as he walked in the door from school.)

"Are some markers pregnant?"  We looked at him kind of funny so he repeated himself.  "Are some markers pregnant?"  Another strange look.  "Wait, what does pregnant mean?"  We explained it means that you have a baby in  your tummy.  So he asked, "Does it also mean something that doesn't come off?"  The light went on and we said, "Oh, you mean 'permanent.'"  "Yeah.  Mrs. Fleming (his Kindergarten teacher) has some markers that are permanent..." 

Isn't that cute?  Time goes way too fast!!

2 comments:

Kristin and Jay said...

Is that some sort of clue of an announcement Missy? Are you a permanent or a pregnant mommy? JK. Cute quotes!

missy said...

Very funny, Kristin.