Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Mr. Onion Face

As soon as we got home from church today, I went to the kitchen to check on the roast.  As I lifted the lid off of the crock pot, here is what I found:

 There was Happy Mr. Onion Face smiling up at me.  Seriously.  Isn't that funny?  We thought so!
Here's a close up in case you don't see it... 

In other news, I was sustained today as the new Young Women President in our ward.  It's a big job and I'm a little overwhelmed by the whole thing, but I'm sure it will be a grand adventure.  For starters, I'm off to Youth Conference for three days this week.  Fun stuff!

4 comments:

Lindz said...

Congratulations Sister Stowell. You are going to be a great YW president!! Those girls are lucky!!! hope all is well!!

Lori said...

You'll do so great in your calling!!!! I am excited to see what ideas you come up with too! Have fun at youth conference!

Lynne said...

Oh I didn't even see the little face -- I noticed right away that the two onions looked like eyes and the smaller onion piece below them looked like a smile. Roast sounds delicious right now!

Karey said...

That smiley face was really an encouraging smile, telling you you'll be great as YW president. That was my calling for almost three years. I was released two years ago. It's a big calling, but I think it's one of the most important in the church. I have to say, even though I only cyber-know you, I'm thrilled for your YW to have a leader who loves being a mother and recognizes the worth of that role, and you seem to have that down! You'll be fantastic. I'm a little jealous my girls aren't in your ward.