Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First Day

Man, that went by fast!  Summer I mean.  It's hard to believe that those carefree, lazy summer days are behind us and we're right back into the routine of school.  The kids have had mixed feelings about heading back to the classroom.  For Sadie it couldn't come fast enough, but for the others it came all-too-soon!  I've had mixed feelings as well.  This is my first year with all 6 of them in school all day.  Fortunately, I've been feeling anxious to deep clean and declutter and that is so much easier to do without the kids pulling everything back out of the trash.  :)  I'm sure there will be plenty to keep me busy around here.

As far as first days go, today was fine.  No major mishaps.  One locker that won't open and a bus ride home that took way longer than it should have were the biggest glitches.  Today was only a half-day, breaking them in gently.  Tomorrow will be the real test when the classes are longer and there's a possibility of homework.  I'm sure it will be fine.  We'll all adjust to the new schedule and muddle through as best we can...and look forward to Christmas Break!

Here's the gang this morning: (Their smiles may or may not be forced...)

These two braved new schools this morning.  Sterling attends the school closest to home so he gets to ride his bike (Hooray! No bus!) and Spencer is in Middle School with temperamental lockers. 
Savannah had her first day of High School and only got lost a couple of times.  Sam is just glad he's not the new guy this year!
Sadie loves her new school!  She got a great teacher who is like sunshine everyday. 
Soren is the big man on campus this year.  He's in 3rd grade which is the highest grade in his school.  He was thrilled to get the teacher Sterling had last year. 

Here's to a great year! 

3 comments:

Lori said...

Very beautiful kids. the kids here don't start here till next week.

Aaron & Nancy said...

I don't think I've ever been as ready for school to start as I am this year. I want to finish unpacking, but with only a week, I'm trying to enjoy the kids before they go back. Those are some cute kiddos!

cstowell said...

What cute kids!! Sadie, your teeth are coming in!