Monday, August 1, 2011

Vacation: God's Country, part 2

Boy, we crammed a lot of cool stuff into our vacation this year!!  I'm almost finished.  I Promise.

Leaving Nevada officially started our long drive home.  The first day of driving wasn't bad.  Only about 6 hours in the van with a detour along the way to see Zion National Park.  Jeff and I visited Zion a couple of months after we were married, but none of the kids had been there.  It was worth going a little bit out of our way to see it on such a nice day.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.




It was pitch black inside this very long tunnel.  The kids loved it!



Skipping rocks.





After a great day at the park, we drove to Jeff's brother's house in Enoch, Utah.  We had to pass through the little town of Toquerville, Utah to get there.  I've been to Toquerville when I was a little girl and I have fond memories of it.  It's a good thing we didn't have time to drive around.  Just our quick drive through the main street showed such a cute little place, I was ready to move in.  It was another perfect day.

2 comments:

The Wisemans said...

Beautiful pictures I always wanted to go to Zion. I can't believe we lived in Utah for a year and a half and never went.

Karey said...

Wow! You packed two or three trips worth of fun into one trip. Way to go!