Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Lego Gift

Soren has a birthday party today.  The party has a Lego theme because the birthday boy loves legos.  Sure, I could do the easy (and expensive) thing and go buy Collin a lego set.  But what if he already has the one we choose?  Would he like one of the new Hero Factory figures?  Does he like the themed sets or the bucket of bricks?

Our usual birthday gift is a personalized sign.  It's what I do.  I enjoy giving things that people couldn't buy for themselves.  I called Collin's mom and asked for his bedroom color (blue) and I initially planned to make him a basic sign that said "Collin's Room."  But then I had an idea.  After an hour or two of meticulously altering a vectorized image then cutting the vinyl, choosing just the right blue for the board and painting, here's what I came up with:
If the reactions from my own resident lego fans are any indication of how it will be received by the birthday boy, I think we have a winner.  I hope he likes it.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute!!!
You are so clever. :)
Love you,
Mom