Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vacation: God's Country

I'm not sure how I managed to leave this out!  A couple of days before we traveled to Nevada, we spent a day at my brother-in-law's family cabin.  It's located in a remote little corner of Heber City, Utah and - I'm telling you what - it's a little piece of heaven on earth!  So pretty.  So peaceful.  We spent three days here with the entire Martin Clan last year (read about it here, here, and here) so it was fun to return and spend another relaxing day.  I could get used to this!

The clouds were amazing as we drove through Heber.  So pretty!
Soren and a couple of other brave souls didn't seem to mind the cold water of the pond.  Brrr!
Spencer caught three large trout.  He purposely released two of them, but you should have seen the one that got away.  (Seriously!)
Sterling was a maniac in the paddleboat.  He cruised all over the pond.  He was also master of the canoe!

My niece, Abby, was quite adventurous herself.  She was a natural in the kayak.
Taylor loved Sam and talked his leg off while they enjoyed the view from the deck.
Yay!  Molly smiled for me!  Sadly, she didn't particularly like me.  She's probably smiling because of that big chocolate cookie in her hand!  :)
Beautiful!  What a great way to spend a day!
Thanks, Amy and Levi, for inviting us up to the cabin.  It was a perfect day!

1 comment:

Karey said...

Beautiful! I lived not far from Heber for about ten years of my growing up, in a little town called Wallsburg. My parents bought the old school house there and converted it into our home. I went to school in Heber from 1st grade until 9th grade. It's so pretty there.